We’ll cover everything you need to know about wall planters and more in this article!
What Are Wall Planters?
A wall planter is a small container, often the size of a flower pot, that is hung or placed on a wall. Compared to more traditional containers like window boxes or raised beds, wall planters provide a number of advantages.
A wall planter can:
- Include genuine or artificial living plants
- Be mounted both inside and outside
- Are a well-liked do-it-yourself project.
Benefits of Wall Planters
- Space can be effectively utilized by using wall planters. If your home lacks considerable outdoor area for a garden, wall planters are the best option. You can grow plants and herbs in your yard, along your patio, or even within your home if you don’t have access to natural light. Hanging planters from a wall can let you grow more plants per square foot than you could with traditional container gardening.
- Wall planters have a nicer appearance than other types of planters. They are available in colors and patterns that complement any interior decor, such as white wicker baskets or colorful ceramic pots with eye-catching patterns like polka dots! Additionally, they do a great job of bringing color and texture to otherwise dull external walls.
- Wall planters may be maintained without leaning over because they are elevated above the ground, and water will drain into the soil rather than collecting at the base of the planter.
How Should Wall Planters Be Installed?
- Wall planters are easy to mount, but you have to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. The majority of items will include hardware to help secure them to the wall.
- If you want to add extra plants, make sure the mounting hardware on your wall planter can support the weight of the planter, additional soil, and the planter itself. Drill pilot holes for every screw if needed. This will make installation easier and reduce the chance of stripped screws or wall damage during installation. Rubber gaskets are found at the tips of numerous screws.
- To keep these gaskets strong and ensure an airtight seal between your unit and the outside of your property, don’t overtighten them.
Wall Planters: A Variety of Design Options
These are a few of the top wall planter options for your house.
Repurposed Materials to Create DIY Wall Planters
Upcycling items to create DIY wall planters can give your home’s decor a distinctive and environmentally responsible look. Make your own unique planters out of old pallets, tin cans, or even plastic bottles. You can make a lovely and useful wall planter out of virtually anything with a little imagination and inexpensive materials. Reusing materials also lessens waste and contributes to the development of a more sustainable home.
Modern, Sleek, and Metal Wall Planters
A chic and trendy way to incorporate greenery into your home design are sleek is with modern metal wall planters. Constructed from materials like iron, copper, or stainless steel, these planters have an industrial and minimalist look that goes well with many different types of interior decor. There are many different sizes and types of metal wall planters, ranging from geometric patterns to more organic shapes. Some include several sections that let you arrange plants in a distinctive and striking way. Furthermore, metal is a convenient material for both indoor and outdoor use because it is long-lasting and low-maintenance compared to some other materials.
Creative Wall-Mounted Plants for Compact Areas
An excellent way to bring greenery to limited areas is using inventive hanging planters. There are several methods to include plants into your design without taking up important floor or counter space, such as tiered hanging baskets, wall-mounted planter pockets, or macrame plant hangers. Choose tiny, low-maintenance plants like succulents to give a splash of color and texture to your walls, or think about utilizing trailing plants like pothos or spider plants to create a rich and dynamic display.
Vertical Vegetable and Herb Garden Wall Planters
Growing vegetables and herbs in a tiny area is made possible with the help of vertical garden wall planters. These planters are available in a range of shapes and sizes, including wall-mounted wooden boxes and stackable plastic trays. Many have self-watering features or integrated irrigation systems, which make maintenance simple. For a pleasant and fresh complement to your meals, try growing small veggies like lettuce, spinach, or cherry tomatoes, or consider planting herbs like basil, parsley, or thyme.
Wall Planter With House Number Plates
A unique and useful method to show off your address and liven up your outside walls is with a house number plate wall planter. With this creative design, you can display lovely flowers, herbs, or succulents with a typical house number plate that has built-in planters. It not only adds a distinctive and visually striking element, but it also fulfills a practical need by making it easier for guests to find your house. For people who value both design and utility in their home décor, the house number plate wall planter is a great option.
Chic Circular Planters for Walls
Planting plants in your home’s design may be done stylishly and contemporaryly with the help of circular wall planters. The circular form of these unusual planters gives any wall area visual appeal and refinement. Circular wall planters can be a great option for establishing a beautiful vertical garden on any kind of balcony, cozy patio, or large living room. Because of its adaptable form, you may arrange a variety of plants, from colorful flowers to cascading vines, to create an eye-catching display that improves the visual appeal of your area. Circular wall planters are a novel and refreshing way to enhance the exterior of your home or bring the beauty of nature indoors thanks to their sleek and fashionable appearance.
Wall Planter Modeled From Sculpture
The intriguing fusion of botanical beauty and creative expression is provided by sculpture-inspired wall planters. Your favorite plants will look amazing and intriguing in these one-of-a-kind pots. Their detailed patterns and sculptural shapes make them useful pieces of art that turn your walls into living galleries. Sculpture-style wall planters allow you to express your creativity in countless ways, whether you want abstract shapes, simple geometric motifs, or detailed patterns. Any wall may become an engaging discussion piece by using them to create a striking focal point. With these planters, you can add some artistic flair to your room in addition to enhancing your plant display.
How Do I Pick the Best Wall Planters to Use Both Indoor and Outdoor?
For your indoor or outdoor wall planter installation to go smoothly, you should select the appropriate planter and potting mix. The following are things to consider while buying planters:
- Select the wall-hanging planter from the assortment of shapes, sizes, and materials that best suits your requirements. Among the popular styles are macramé hangers, wall-mounted pockets, and hanging baskets.
- To ensure that the wall planter’s dimensions will fit there comfortably, measure the space.
- Materials: You can use concrete, metal, wood, plastic, ceramics, or any combination of these materials for your wall planter. Every material has advantages and disadvantages, so think about which is best for your particular requirements. If you live somewhere that gets harsh weather, such as a lot of rain or snow, this is especially crucial.
Wall Planters: How to Install a Thriving Vertical Garden to Your House or Work Place
In the first phase, decide whether your vertical garden will last.
Are you a renter? Is sunlight only present in the region where your vertical garden is located during certain times of the day or year? There are several factors that will determine how long your vertical garden lasts.
If there are obstacles preventing you from establishing a permanent garden, you can simply create a portable vertical garden. For instance, a disconnected vertical trellis can be used to move a portable garden with ease. Our sturdy, aesthetically pleasing, and affordable wall planters make it easy to move your plants around as needed.
Plan your activities according to the sun and shade.
Plants need sunshine to develop, but vertical gardens can complicate matters. They might start to block the sun from reaching plants below as they extend upward. Plants that require more shade should be positioned on the lower levels of your vertical garden, while sun-loving plants should remain at the top.
Select the finest plants.
Vines and creeper plants not only give privacy and shade, but they also look beautiful. Be picky about which plants you cultivate for this reason. Consider how much pruning the plant will require and whether you are capable of doing this maintenance yourself.
How high can that plant get?
When putting a plant in a hanging basket, make sure to find out how tall it will go. Plants that grow too tall in hanging pots may start to seem strange. Not to mention that fertilization, pruning, and watering them will be harder to maintain.
You can grow almost anything in your wall planters. If you’re a newbie, it’s best to grow low-maintenance plants like ferns, succulents, air plants, and trailers in them. You may grow vegetables, herbs, and flowering plants in your planters.
Most wall planters need to have some drilling and nailing done. If you would rather not to drill holes on your wall, you might hang your planters using a magnetic bracket.
We therefore urge you to act now that you are equipped with this knowledge!