Are you worried about how long it takes for a PS4 controller to charge? You’ve come to the correct spot if you’re interested in learning more about it. This article provides you with the solution, possible factors that could affect the time, and advice on how to speed up the charging process.
How much time does it take to charge a PS4 controller?
When the battery is completely dead, it usually takes two hours to charge the controller. However, a few affecting elements can make it take you longer. Here is a summary of them:
- Ambient temperature: It is best to charge the controller in the range of 10 °C to 30 °C (50 °F to 86 °F).
- Battery life: This varies based on how the controller is used and stored, as well as the surroundings.
- Controller brand: If you use Sony DualShock PS4 controllers, the typical duration is two hours; however, if you use third-party controllers, the time may vary. The YCCTEAM Wireless PS4 controller, for example, requires approximately 2.5 hours to fully charge.
- Concurrent usage: A portion of the charge is used to keep the controller functional, so if you use it while it is charging, it will take longer to charge.
- Charger specifications: The PS4 controller’s charging time is also influenced by the charger’s or the charging ports’ output specifications. If you utilize a charging dock or the PS4 USB connector, the required charging time is 1.5–2.5 hours. If you use a low-output power charger (less than 5V/800mA, 4W), the necessary time will be longer.
- Issues with connections: A malfunction or a connection problem, such as a damaged USB port, could cause the charging time to rise.
Note: A sluggish charge could occur for several reasons, including battery degradation, using a cheaper charging cable, or using the incorrect charging power rate.
Why Doesn’t a PS4 Controller Charge?
There are a few possible reasons to look into when a PS4 controller doesn’t charge. The PS4 may not be able to receive power over USB, the charging port or cable may be malfunctioning, or the PS4 controller battery may be the issue.
Here’s a brief overview of the problems you may be facing:
- Problems with charging ports: Debris or physical damage may be obstructing the port. One way to fix it is to replace or clean the port.
- Problems with the charging cable: The cable may not be made for this kind of use, the cable itself may be defective, or the micro USB end may be worn out or broken. Not all USB cables are made to be charged.
- Problems with the PS4: Some faults can prohibit the console from charging your controllers. Resetting the controller, power cycling the console, or even using a new charger to charge it could be able to resolve the issue.
- Hardware issues: The charging port and the battery are the two most typical hardware malfunctions with this kind of issue. While many people will feel more at ease hiring a professional, these are both quite simple to replace.
How the PS4 Controller Is Charged
The PS4 controller is very easy to charge. All you have to do is use a USB cord to connect the controller to your PS4 system. The battery of the controller then charges. Holding down the PS button causes the battery’s charge level to appear on the screen.
- Please be aware that the system needs to be in rest mode or turned on. By observing whether the light bar gradually blinks orange, you may confirm that. When the charging procedure is complete, the LED bar will switch off.
- Select an option other than Off under Settings > Power Save Settings > Set Features Available in Rest Mode > Supply power to USB ports to charge the device while it is in rest mode.
How to Accelerate the Charging Process of the PS4 Controller
You can focus on this section to reduce the PS4 controller charge time. You can expedite the controller charging process by following these tips:
- Assemble the power source and controller correctly.
- Switch off the vibration, speaker, and light bar.
- Utilize a wall outlet or charger.
- Apply for a docking station.
- Utilizing the proper temperature range, charge the controller.
- Make sure the condition of your battery is good.
- With the PS4, use the standard controller.
How much time does it take to charge the controller for the PS4? It will take you two hours if all goes according to plan. The charging time would, however, differ for several reasons. MiniTool Partition Wizard is a useful tool for managing your computer’s hard drives. It facilitates breaking FAT32 file size constraints, converting FAT to NTFS (and vice versa), and hard disk speed testing.