“How to cancel HBO Max”: HBO Max is one of people’s favorite streaming services because it gives them access to various HBO series. The service is paid, so to use it, you will have to pay $14.99 per month. The price is not too high for all you get: you can watch many movies and series, even newer movies that don’t stream anywhere else. Also, in the long run, you may find the price is too high or the subscription is no longer attractive, so you decide to cancel the subscription. This page offers a thorough walkthrough of the procedure for canceling HBO Max, describing each step for your convenience.
To cancel your HBO Max subscription, follow these steps, depending on the platform you’re using. You can cancel:
- On the web
- On iOS and Android
- On Hulu
If you have HBO Max through your cable provider, log into your account on the HBO Max website, click your account name, select “Subscriptions”, find your provider, and cancel online or contact them to cancel.
However, Remember to cancel before the billing date, and only deleting the app will not cancel the subscription.
The Best Way to Cancel Hbo Max on the Web
One of the easiest ways to cancel your HBO Max subscription is to visit the HBO Max website from your computer or laptop. Normally, your subscription renews itself monthly and costs $14.99. It has the same subscription price as the old HBO Now. With this subscription, up to five people can use the service at the same time and have their own user profiles. It all sounds great—an offer you never want to give up. But if you still decide to cancel your HBO Max subscription for any reason, you can easily do so from your PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, or Android device.
Subscriptions can be canceled by following these steps:
- By checking in to the website, you can access your HBO Max account.
- You should click your name in the top right corner of the screen after logging in.
- When a menu appears, choose “Subscription” from the options.
- To manage your subscription, navigate to the menu located on the left side of the screen.
- A new window will eventually appear. Click the “Cancel membership” button on the right side of the page to end your membership.
- Decide why you want to cancel. It makes no difference why you wish to cancel, so you can pick any of them.
- Click “Yes, Cancel Subscription” after choosing a reason.
- Check the confirmation page to see when your subscription will expire. This will also give you the option to continue with the subscription if you wish.
Remember that if you want to cancel, you need to be aware of the billing cycle. Your subscription will automatically renew each month. The first direct debit will occur after the seven-day free trial period. It is essential to cancel before the payment date if you do not want to be billed. If you cancel a day or two before your billing date, you won’t be charged for the next month, so you don’t have to worry about that.
Also, if you cancel more than a day or two before your billing date, such as in the middle of a month, you’ll be able to continue watching shows until the next billing cycle. Since you’ve already paid for this month, you won’t lose your streaming privileges until your billing date.
How to Cancel HBO Max on iOS and Android
If you don’t currently have access to a laptop or computer, you can also cancel your HBO Max subscription on your Android or iOS phone or on your iPad. The only gadget that makes it simple for people to cancel their subscription is the HBO Max app. Here are the steps you will follow:
- Grab your device and open the HBO Max app. Simply tap the “Settings” icon to view your settings. This will be easily visible on the home screen, at the bottom right of the screen. To access your settings, simply tap on the “Settings” icon. It is shaped like a gear and is located at the top left of the screen.
- Now, from the next screen that appears, you need to tap on “Payment Info”. One of two options will appear from here, and it depends on the carrier you purchased the subscription from.
- If you see the option “Manage Subscriptions” on the screen, then you need to tap on it, and from the last screen you get afterward, you need to tap on “Cancel Subscription”. But if all you see is “Learn more” and there’s no “Manage Subscriptions” option, you should move on to Step 4.
- When you see the Learn More option, you need to tap it. Following that, a list of HBO Max service providers will be displayed. Find your subscription provider, then follow the steps listed here to cancel your subscription.
Don’t just rely on getting rid of HBO Max. Once you’ve deleted the app, you won’t be canceling your subscription at the same time. Subscriptions will continue, so you’ll need to follow the cancellation process if you don’t want to be charged anymore.
How to Cancel HBO Max through Hulu
If you want, you can get HBO Max and Hulu plans to enjoy more benefits. Basically, the price is the same, it’s great. But when you finally decide to cancel your HBO Max subscription, the process is a bit different. Follow these procedures to cancel your HBO Max subscription through Hulu:
- Go to Hulu.com/account. If not already, make sure to log into your account.
- From your account, go to the “Your Subscriptions” section and then click “Manage Plans”.
- Find the HBO Max option, then check the box marked with an X. Next, click “Review Changes”. Your HBO Max account will then be canceled.
How to Cancel HBO Max through the Cable Company
You can also cancel your HBO Max subscription through your cable company. If you’d rather opt for this method, here’s how to cancel HBO Max:
- To access your HBO Max account, navigate to the website and log in.
- Click on your account name. You will see it in the upper right corner of the screen. 3. Now click “Register”.
- Find your subscription service provider’s name.
- Then log into your subscription service provider’s website or call them to cancel your account.
Your HBO Max account may be linked to a specific HBO subscription that you pay for through your satellite or cable provider. So you may also need to cancel your HBO Max subscription.
Canceling an HBO Max subscription isn’t difficult, but you’ll need to know the right process depending on the device you’re using to start canceling. Cancellation on the web versus your mobile app or via Hulu and the cable company will vary. Make sure you unsubscribe properly, not just delete the app. If you no longer want to be billed, follow the process before the next billing cycle. We hope this article was helpful in guiding you through the steps to cancel your account.